Apptus was born out of Lund University, Sweden, a world-renowned centre of excellence in the fields of mathematics and computer science. Many of our employees obtained PhDs and Doctorates here before joining our research & development and management teams.
In Latin, ‘apptus’ means suitable, appropriate, fitting.
Apptus was founded by Michael Mokhberi and Patrik Wåhlin, both scientists with masters degrees in computer science and electrical engineering. They remain actively involved in the development and management of the company, advising in product development and helping clients stay ahead in the ever-changing world of eCommerce.
We have been profitable since inception, and have the support of InnovationsKapital, a leading venture capital firm for innovative growth companies in Scandinavia. They currently advise four venture funds, aggregating €320 million in committed capital. The capital is provided by international institutional investors.
Apptus has received the following awards
- 2013 – Entrepreneur of the year (City of Lund)
- 2011 – Red Herring Top 100 Europe
- 2004 – SMIL award for IT-innovation
- 2003 – Role model of the year (Rapidus)
- 2003 – Company of the year (Sparbanken Finn)
- 2002 – Company of the year (Rapidus)
We have been nominated for the following awards
- 2014 – “Sharing the knowledge” (Nordic eCommerce Knowledge)
- 2005 – Entrepreneur of the Year (Ernst & Young)