Apptus eSales knows a lot, especially about the history of your site. Promotions in Apptus eSales is a tool for feeding human intelligence into Apptus eSales in order to affect the future behaviour of your visitors.
This tool is an answer to many of your tactical needs as an eCommerce manager or merchandiser for a successful site that deliver results.
A promotion boosts the rank of a product relative to it's own performance and context. A promoted product in a shift in position, while in a more spanning over multiple categories will get a decent the product ends up at first or second position.
- Every action you take on promotions has instant effect = it's real time.
- Apptus eSales automation capabilities will figure out the right contexts to apply
the promotion (no dependence on CMS whatsoever).
Kickstart your sites seasonal feeling to exploit anticipated behaviour changes.
When you know a seasonal or specific assortment will gain popularity and you want your site to be ready. Christmas, Halloween, School start, Easter, Wedding season - the list goes on.
Recommended tactic is to select a few, say 1-3 desirable signature products that reflect the season and give them the largest boost available. Couple that with a wider selection of 5-15 products that you give a medium or small boost level.
Make sure to measure the effect of the promotion (this automatically A/B tests the impact)
- Expect the promoted products to sell between 5-45% more than without promotions.
- Visually you'll see the product exposures in search, recommendations and category pages reflect the new season faster than without promotions.
- Expect the promoted products to sell between 5-20% more than without promotions (depending on your settings)
- This tactic can address multiple cost centers (i.e sales and warehousing) and the combined effect can be very profitable.
If you find yourself with a large stock level of certain products that you know will be hard to clear with organic sales.
Use the tactic at the end of a product's lifecycle or when you realise something is very expensive to keep in stock.
Create a promotion with the identified products and give them a medium boost to expose them more frequently. Handpick the products that are expensive to keep in stock and promote them until they sell out. As soon as they sell out Apptus eSales will automatically stop showing them.
- Expect a modest lift of 5-15% increase in sales of the promoted items sustained over a longer period.
Strengthen your relations with your best suppliers or leverage your house brand.
Exploit this when you negotiate with your suppliers the next time and trade online promotions for a better volume discount.
Give a small boost to larger sets of products or entire brands. Keep them running for extended time periods and evaluate the impact using the built in A/B testing capability. You want to use the small or medium promotions levels in order to not affect the organic relevance too much (as this will risk you users to react negatively and label you as a pushy retailer).